Minecraft Launcher Will Not Set Up From Microsoft Retailer
I've tried putting in Minecraft Launcher for days now, with no success. I've tried all the typically prompt methods (e.g. windows updates, wsreset, reregistering the shop, etc.).
I'm down to the purpose the place I figured out where to find the logs to attempt to get some more *technical* help.....
* Downloading worked fine
* When on the Minecraft Launcher page and clicking the "Install" button, nothing (!) happens
* When in the library record, and clicking the "cloud" icon in the Minecraft Launcher row, it begins spinning for a while, then stops and reverts to the "cloud" icon
Looking on the logs, here's my overall impression:
* There's an terrible lot of "Error: The operation accomplished successfully.", which sounds a bit bizarre (although might be okay)
* There's a bunch of "Error: Unknown HResult Error code: 0xefffffff"
* A single "Error: A specified logon session doesn't exist. Minecraft It might have already got been terminated."
* A bunch of "Error: Unknown HResult Error code: 0x89245104"
* A bunch of "Error: The parameter is inaccurate."
* I am a software engineer myself (which is why after following multiple 20-steps-to-repair-microsoft-retailer or whatevers, I began to search for logs as an alternative), so some insights into how to fix these particular, apparent mentions of errors within the logs could be very a lot appretiated.
* I've included the complete logs from one attempt down beneath, and replaced some stuff that sounded like account IDs etc. by REDACTED_FOR_Privacy
* Logs are retrieved from the Event Viewer
* If there's community assist Based mostly ON THE ERRORS FROM THE LOGS, that may after all be greatly appreciated, but I'm fairly certain that at this level, the help must be from precise Microsoft workers, because solely they will have entry to the code (or a minimum of know who to contact, understanding software program engineers, they are not exposing themselves in any methods to finish users ;) )
* Exact home windows version is Microsoft Windows 10 Professional, construct Version 10.0.19044 Construct 19044
* Hardware is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Extreme
Web page motion fired for MyLibraryV2Page with habits Install.
Supply: D:\a\_work\1\s\src\Shell\WinStore.App\Instrumentation\Telemetry\Telemetry.cs (918)
Mustn't present Quantity Chooser - no Quantity Chooser circumstances met. Default Volume: C:, Out there Space: 215571763200, Is System Quantity: True, Is Full Trust Quantity: True, Product Dimension: 10612736, Is Product Full Belief: True, Is SD Card Choose-Out: False
Source: D:\a\_work\1\s\src\Shell\WinStore.App\ViewModels\Dialogs\VolumeChooserDialogViewModel.cs (330)
TryInstallWithDialog: Wanting to show None dialog for product 9PGW18NPBZV5 - Minecraft Launcher, install sort Set up, catalogId
Supply: D:\a\_work\1\s\src\Shell\WinStore.App\Acquisition\InstallHelper.cs (224)
Source: onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\installservice\lib\appinstallcontrol.cpp (1161)
WindowsUpdateInstaller-BeginInstall 9PGW18NPBZV5, catalogId , skuId 0010
Supply: D:\a\_work\1\s\src\Shell\WinStore.App\Acquisition\WindowsUpdateInstaller.cs (319)
request: productId = 9PGW18NPBZV5, skuId = 0010, catalogId = , flightId = , volumePath = , CV = HEYD8Zf/rEqMzD8t.21.1, repair = false, userInteractive = true, allowDownloadOnAnyNetwork = false, forceUseOfNonRemovableStorage = false, allowForcedAppRestart = false, launchAfterInstall = false
Supply: onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\installservice\lib\appinstallcontrol.cpp (4687)
[Telemetry]: InstallOperationRequest :: __TlgCV__ = HEYD8Zf/rEqMzD8t.21.1 ProductId = 9PGW18NPBZV5 SkuId = 0010 CatalogId = BundleId = VolumePath =
[Begin] Queueing Work for Catalog Item UserSID = REDACTED_FOR_Privacy CatalogId = ProductId:9PGW18NPBZV5/0010 properties = "UserIdentityInfo":"\"WebAccountId\":\"REDACTED_FOR_Privateness\",\"AccountProviderId\":\"https://login.microsoft.com\",\"Authority\":\"customers\",\"ConnectedAccountProvider\":\"REDACTED_FOR_Privacy\"","VolumePath":"","CallerApplicationId":"Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe","IsInteractive":true,"AllowDownloadOnAnyNetwork":false,"Repair":false,"AllowForcedAppRestart":false,"ForceUseOfNonRemovableStorage":false,"InstallForAllUsers":false,"StageButDoNotInstall":false,"CatalogId":""
Source: onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\installservice\libqueue2\installqueue2.cpp (788)
[Telemetry]: DownloadUrl :: __TlgCV__ = HEYD8Zf/rEqMzD8t.22.214.171.124 PartB_Ms.Qos.OutgoingServiceRequest = 14 operationName = DownloadUrl targetUri = https://displaycatalog.mp.microsoft.com/v7.0/merchandise/9PGW18NPBZV5/0010?fieldsTemplate=InstallAgent&market=CH&languages=en-US,en,impartial latencyMs = 359 serviceErrorCode = 0 succeeded = true requestMethod = GET responseContentType = JSON protocol = HTTP protocolStatusCode = 200 dependencyOperationName = dependencyOperationVersion = dependencyName = dependencyType = responseSizeBytes = 37181 HResult = 0
Error: Unknown HResult Error code: 0xefffffff
Supply: onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\installservice\svc\logging.cpp (10)
Supply: onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\installservice\lib\httphelpers.cpp (137)
[Finish] Queueing Work for Catalog Merchandise UserSID = REDACTED_FOR_Privacy CatalogId = ProductId:9PGW18NPBZV5/0010 properties = "UserIdentityInfo":"\"WebAccountId\":\"REDACTED_FOR_Privateness \",\"AccountProviderId\":\"https://login.microsoft.com\",\"Authority\":\"customers\",\"ConnectedAccountProvider\":\"REDACTED_FOR_Privateness \"","VolumePath":"","CallerApplicationId":"Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe","IsInteractive":true,"AllowDownloadOnAnyNetwork":false,"Repair":false,"AllowForcedAppRestart":false,"ForceUseOfNonRemovableStorage":false,"InstallForAllUsers":false,"StageButDoNotInstall":false,"CatalogId":""
[Start] Looking for PluginPluginId = Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Supply: onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\installservice\libqueue2\pluginhelpers.cpp (87)
[End] Looking for PluginPluginId = Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Error: The operation completed efficiently.
GamePlatformPackageQueue_QueueInstall Rely=1, AppId=Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe, Cv=HEYD8Zf/rEqMzD8t.21.1.3.Zero
Error: A specified logon session doesn't exist. It could already have been terminated.